“CST was pioneered and developed by John E. Upledger after extensive scientific studies from 1975 to 1983 at Michigan State University. CranioSacral Therapy is a gentle, hands-on approach to evaluating and enhancing the craniosacral system, which is comprised of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord.
CST is a complementary treatment that releases tensions deep in the body to help reduce pain, relieve dysfunction, and improve whole-body health and performance. By facilitating the body’s natural and innate healing processes, CST is increasingly used as a preventive healthcare measure for its ability to bolster resistance to disease.” – Upledger.com
What does CST help with?
- Regular CST mouthwork on a child with braces decreases their wear time, on average, by 8 months.
- Colic and irritability in infants.
- Behavioral and sensory processing disorders
- Chronic headaches and sinusitis
- Re-regulates the CNS after traumatic birth experience
- Pelvic floor pain after in woman after giving birth
- Clearer thinking
- Better night vision (this one I experienced myself!)
- And much, much more…